What to Consider
All American Remodeling is experienced with all available window treatments, styles and designs for your Michigan residence. Here you will find the many options and styles we use to convert old outdated windows to a brand new and fresh appearance.
New windows add value and style to your home, reducing maintenance and cleanup while saving energy and the environment.
A few, carefully chosen investments can add lasting value to your home.
It is important to understand that the true value in windows is a combination of beauty, thermal efficiency, and performance.
That is why we sell and install only triple-paned, thermal performance windows.
Energy Savings — Winter and Summer.
Thermal efficiency delivers value two ways—by providing real comfort year-round, and by helping save money on cooling and heating. We use only windows that are designed to deliver outstanding thermal performance.
- Honeycomb frames filled with insulating air spaces that significantly reduce condensation;
- Double weather-stripping that locks out wind and weather;
- Double- and triple-paned integral glazing systems;
- High performance Low “E” glazing systems to keep summer heat out and winter heat in better than any other system in its class, and to significantly reduce damaging UV rays.
Easy to Maintain
Tilt-in sash windows save time and trouble. They make cleaning quick and easy. Solid vinyl construction never flakes, chips, or rots—never needs painting or puttying. One-piece fusion-welded sashes never warp, shrink, or swell. A good balance system makes sashes easy to open and keeps them in place and never need adjustment for years of normal use.
- Trouble-free, virtually maintenance-free, operation for decades;
- Tilt-in sashes that make cleaning quick and easy;
- Solid vinyl construction that never flakes, chips, or rots—never needs painting or puttying;
- One-piece fusion-welded sashes that never warp, shrink, or swell;
- Balance systems that make sashes easy to open and keeps them in place and that never need adjustment.
Choose The Right Window
With so many window configurations, it is sometimes difficult to make the right choice for performance and budget. Each room in your home is different, and has different operating and ventilation needs. For example, a slider or casement window may make more sense above a kitchen sink, because either would provide easier operation than a double hung.
You may want to use tempered glass for bathrooms and other areas for additional safety. You may select laminated glass to keep criminals from entering your home. Options carry an additional expense, but our basic windows provide features that do not cost anything extra.
Choose The Right Glass
Where you live has a lot to do with the type of glass you should purchase. Thermal performance options like Low-E glass and argon gas can be added, but selecting the right combination is as important as selecting the right window configurations for your home.
When a room faces the sun for the majority of the day, we recommend one type of Low-E glass for maximum solar control. Other rooms with less exposure can use less expensive Low-E glass. If your home has “cold spots” or “hot spots” we recommend using windows with insulating argon gas for maximum energy efficiency. If you have year-round shade from trees and shrubbery, you may not need a glass option that further reduces light transmittance, so your selection should be a literal reflection of your home and rooms’ locations.
Choose The Right Options
We will help you tailor and customize your home with just about any style of window, with hundreds of possible options. It is smart for you to take the time to become familiar with your options, and to ensure that the windows and doors you select for your home will be the right ones. We have helped many people select the right glass, the perfect options, and the best window styles for their needs.
- Integrated, slim-line lift rail allows you to more easily operate sashes
- Special beveled mainframe that offers a true brick-mold appearance that adds class and style
- Aluminum-reinforced, multi-cavity construction that provides additional thermal performance and structural integrity
- Full screens
- Brass Extras—optional brass locks and grids.
Two and Three-Pane Sliders provide easy horizontal sash movement and offer practical window styles where operational access may be difficult, such as above kitchen sinks.
Rain or shine, awning replacement windows are an easy way to boost your ventilation. And if opening requires a reach, such as over a kitchen sink or counter, awning windows are the perfect replacement window choice even if the original window is a different window style. Awning windows are often combined or joined with other window styles.
- Fine-tuned, proven design ensures weather-tight performance.
- Fusion-welded frame and sash further reduce air and water infiltration.
- Attractive beveled sash adds style.
- Full-perimeter double weather-stripping surrounds 3/4″ insulated glass—to provide maximum energy efficiency.
- Interior-mounted full screen and double locks come standard.
- Wood jamb extension options available for new construction applications.
- Thinking of Remodeling in the Grand Rapids area must include a call to All American Remodeling
Single-Hung and Double-Hung Windows
Double-hung windows with golden oak grain interior.
Single-hung window topped by a half-round window with a sunburst grid.
Twin single-hung window with colonial grids.
Single- and Double-hung windows have been around since colonial times.
They can make a fashion statement for your home and provide highly utilitarian features.
A casement window (or casement) is a window that is attached to its frame by one or more hinges. Casement windows are hinged at the side. They are used singly or in pairs within a common frame, in which case they are hinged on the outside.
Want a smooth, clean look for your contemporary home? Or a sleek, trim look for a cottage or bungalow? With our vinyl casement windows your choices are endless—everything from single-vent windows to 5-lite combinations of fixed and operating units. And best of all, these casement windows are at home anywhere, from a formal Georgian home to a rustic cabin.
- Superb design and engineering help prevent air and water infiltration
- Fusion-welded frame and sash ensure weathertight performance
- Full-perimeter double weather-stripping adds extra tightness
- Narrow profile permits expanded viewing area
- Concealed hinges and hardware let you open window 90 degrees, for better ventilation and easier cleaning
- Beveled sash adds a handsome brick-mold appearance
- Full screens come standard; mount on interior, remove for easy cleaning
- Tandem locks come standard on all casements over 34″ in height
- Wood jamb extension options available for new construction applications
Inside and out, and entry picture window makes an architectural statement about your home.
Fixed picture window flanked by double-hungs and crowned by a half-round with a sunburst grid.
Maximize your view in the living room, dining room and master bedroom with a replacement picture window. Picture windows have more glass and less frame to provide a natural lighting for your home.
In additon, picture windows are the most energy-efficient windows because they are not designed to open; picture windows help prevent air infiltration and moisture from entering your home. Picture windows are a great way to accent any style of home, or for placement wherever natural light is desired.
A bay is a section or compartment of a building in medieval architecture. It is believed that the term bay window was first used to describe the large bay window that was frequently placed in the bay of a castle’s great hall, where a high table or dais stood.
While bay windows can be traced back to medieval times, they did not become popular until the early 1870s.
Bay windows are not only noted for their beauty, but are also excellent for small spaces as they make them appear larger. Bay windows also increase the flow of light into a room and, depending on their sizes, some give the illusion of the entire room opening up into the great outdoors.
While there is slightly more space because of the protruding section, it tricks the eye into seeing the whole entire wall as further away than it actually is. This little bit of extra space for sitting or storage can change the entire ambiance of a room.
Oak interior Wood Finish
Any room’s interior is given a beautiful, rich appearance with either light or dark shades of oak. Combine with matching grids, and these windows present a true wood window appearance, yet still provide all the advantages you demand in all-welded vinyl construction.
Some windows may be ordered with optional brass locks and grid. This accenting feature is available with white, almond, and both shades of oak interior wood finish windows.
Beveled or Leaded Glass
Choose from five beveled glass styles. We offer polished groove grid in a variety of patterns.
The “Star-Bevel” pattern of leaded glass comes with brass cams for a truly gorgeous window.
Special Architectural Shapes
From octagons and trapezoids to full circles, half rounds, eyebrows and more we will build custom windows to fit your needs and specifications. This helps personalize your home and increases its value. We have in-house production, so we ensure superior quality control. Because we control delivery from our site to yours, you can expect your shipment sooner-not later. There are many sizes available, with full range of glass options.
Second Floor Windows
Fixed extended arch window with cathedral grids flanked by single-hung windows.
Second floor, fixed windows with colonial grids; first floor, round-top windows with custom tracery grids over fixed windows.
Extended Arch Windows
Commitment To Your Window Quality & Service